Mission Director help and xsd files - found

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jth
x3

Mission Director help and xsd files - found

Post by jth » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 16:18

The X Rebirth Mission Director guide is found at

http://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebir ... rGuide.pdf

The Mission Director guide makes reference to a scriptproperties.html help file. This file and the extra files to make it work are buried inside the game catalog files.

Egosoft have provided the X Rebirth Tools on Steam to extract files from the catalogs. Start up Steam and then select Library and right at the bottom is X Rebirth Tools. Install them.

Then select X Rebirth Tools from the Steam menu and pick the Catalog Tool from the drop down and Play it.

The Root folder for input files is the location of the game files. For 64 bit Windows 7 the game files are under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X Rebirth

Click on Import catalogs and highlight 02.cat and 06.cat

There should now be a list of files inside the Content window

Highlight everything in the library folder plus the scriptproperties.html file.

Click on Keep folder hierarchy

IMPORTANT You must save the files to a different location to the game files or your game might no longer work properly. If you do this by accident just delete the library folder again.

Click on Extract All

Go to the save location and double click the scriptproperties.html file and you should have a working help file.

Note. There are newer versions of the library files in 08.cat (v2.2) but these produce errors with the scriptproperties.html file from 02.cat

The XML Schema Definition files (*.xsd) are in the library folder that you just extracted.

If you want the latest xsd files (recommended) for Visual Studio then extract the library folder from the 08.cat file elsewhere and use those.

Hope this saves you some time :)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 16:29

isnt most of this in the 2nd announcement from the top?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

jth
x3

Post by jth » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 16:48

Yes you did provide a great overview

I was just going for a complete reply :)

The bit that I found difficult was knowing that the files that I needed were inside the cat files. I looked in the game folder and of course the library folder isn't there and neither is the help file.

Then there is knowing precisely which files you need from where and getting the right versions

Maybe the file information needs to be added to the Mission Director guide or the help and XSD files added to a separate download

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 15:53

This is excellent - I'm still not able to actually use scriptproperties.html, but at least I know it exists and how to get it.

At the moment, loading it in a browser displays a little input box and nothing happens when you type into that.

Chrome / Chromium gives this error:

Code: Select all

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///H:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/X%20Rebirth/src/libraries/scriptproperties.xsl. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.loadXMLFile @ scriptproperties.html:40init @ scriptproperties.html:167onload @ scriptproperties.html:231
Firefox works!
Last edited by Phezzan on Thu, 2. Apr 15, 16:28, edited 2 times in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 15:57

Phezzan wrote:At the moment, loading it in a browser displays a little input box and nothing happens when you type into that.
also extract your libraries-folder - it depends on files there.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”